Naked man exposes himself to female student on towpath

On Wednesday, May 9, a female student reported to Princeton Police Department that naked man exposed himself to her while she was running on the towpath between Harrison Street and Washington Road.

The report was made today at 11:05 a.m., according to Chief of Police Nicholas Sutter, but the incident occurred on Monday, May 7. According to a timely warning alert released by the Department of Public Safety, the man was wearing “no clothes.” The student reported seeing the naked man at approximately 5:30 p.m. The man exposed himself to the student while standing on the opposite side of the canal from her. Then he began taking pictures of her on his cell phone. Sutter stated that the victim was not injured. 

The suspect was described as an adult white male, 20 to 30 years of age, 5’8” to 5’9”, skinny build, approximately 150 to 160s lbs., with blond short hair. Sutter stated that the identity of the perpetrator is still unknown.

A similar incident involving a lewd individual on the towpath occurred in Oct. 2015.

The Department of Public Safety deferred comment to Assistant Vice President for Communications Dan Day, who did not have any further updates. 

Sutter cannot comment on active investigation, but anyone with additional information about the incident is asked to contact the Princeton Police Department at (609) 921-2100 or the Department of Public Safety at (609) 258-1000.

This story is breaking and will be updated with additional information as it becomes available.