Women's track and field compete at Yale Invitational and Florida Relays

The Princeton women’s track and field team had a busy weekend with a meet in Florida on Friday, March 24 and a meet in Connecticut on Saturday, Apr. 1.

After spending spring break in Florida, four Tigers returned to compete at the Pepsi Florida Relays in Gainesville. The meet consisted of some of the best teams in the nation and the Tigers performed exceptionally well.

Senior Katie Hanss finished 13th in the 1500 with a time of 4:26.09 — the fastest time run by a Princeton runner this season. Sophomore Anna Jurew clocked a PR in the 800 at 2:10.48, another fastest time run by a Tiger this season and a time that ranks her 19th in the East Region rankings. Anna is currently the team’s top 800 runner and hopes to break 2:10 by the end of the season. Senior Zoe Sims also ran the 800, finishing with a time of 2:12.57. Senior Alexandra Markovich finished the steeplechase with a time of 10:48.86 and 10th place, putting her at 11th-best in the East Region.

On Saturday, members of the rest of the team traveled up to New Haven to compete in Yale’s Mark T. Young Invitational. Senior Jessica Ackerman ran to a second-place finish in the 800 with a time of 2:21.07, and junior Melana Hammel was just two seconds and two places behind her at fourth with 2:23.34. Junior Mattie Baron also placed for the team with third in the 400 and ninth in the 200. Senior Maria Seykora was the Tigers’ top 1500 finisher at sixth place with 4:51.81.

The Tigers got a lot of points in the field events, with three fifth-place finishers. Freshman Hadley Wilhoite cleared 1.60 in the high jump, junior Delaney Kerkhof jumped 10.82 in the triple, and sophomore Kerri Davidson leapt 5.25 in the long jump.

The Tigers will next compete at home in the Sam Howell Invitational on April 7th and 8th at Weaver Stadium.