U. announces eight new trustees

Eight new members will join the University’s Board of Trustees beginning July 1, the University officials announced Monday.

The octet that will join the 40-member board that manages the University’s endowment, academics and property includes three term trustees elected by the board to serve four years and three alumni trustees elected by the University’s alumni to serve four years. It also includes Kanwal Matharu ’13, who was elected by the undergraduate student body to serve four years as young alumni trustee, and Katherine Brittain Bradley ’86, who was elected by the board to serve as charter trustee for eight years. Bradley is the president of CityBridge Foundation, a non-profit education reform organization in Washington, D.C.

The new term trustees include law professor and U.S. federal judge Denny Chin ’75, economist and asset manager Arminio Fraga GS ’85 and Margarita Rosa ’74, the executive director of Grand Street Settlement, a community non-profit organization in New York. In February, Fraga won the Madison Medal, the top honor given to graduate alumni by the University.

The new alumni trustees include lawyer and professor Victoria Bjorklund ’73, cancer researcher and surgeon Steven Leach ’82 and author and banker Sheryl WuDunn GS ’88.

Incoming trustees will replace the following, whose terms will expire onJune 30: George Will GS ’68, David Offensend ’75,Peter Lewis ’55, Julia Haller Gottsch ’76, William Fung ’70 andElizabeth Dilday ’09.

Correction: Due to a reporting error, an earlier version of this article misstated the title of Denny Chin’75. He is a current U.S. judge. The 'Prince' regrets the error.