Disability Representation in the Media
A panel presented by The Daily Princetonian and the Princeton Disability Collective. The panel focused on the importance of media representation on issues related to disability and how to create accessible and inclusive newsroom environments. The panel was on Monday, June 21.
* Eric Garcia, former editor at The Washington Post and The Hill and author of "We're Not Broken: Changing the Autism Conversation"
* Wendy Lu, Staff News Editor and National Reporter at HuffPost
* Sara Luterman, journalist with bylines at outlets including The Nation, The American Prospect and Slate and Contributing Editor at Radiolab
* Julia Métraux, Editorial Assistant at Narratively
* Cara Reedy, Program Manager of Disability Media Alliance Project at DREDF