Princeton alum Trey Farmer ’93 arrested for possession of child pornography

A black and white photo of a man in glasses smiling.
Farmer’s 1993 Nassau Herald photo.

Roy “Trey” Farmer ’93, a prominent figure in various Princeton arts and alumni spaces, was arrested for alleged possession of child pornography on Friday, March 22.

Farmer served as one of the co-chairs of the recent 30th reunion of the Class of 1993. As a student, he was involved with a number of music groups, including the Chapel Choir, the Glee Club, and the a cappella group the Katzenjammers, where he served as business manager. He was also a member of Campus Club and wrote his senior thesis on the philosopher Philo of Alexandria.

Farmer continued to be active in some University organizations as an alum, providing logistical support for the Katzenjammers and the Glee Club when they toured through Southwest Florida in 2013 and 2020 respectively.

“It came as a shock. We are supporting each other through this,” said the Katzenjammers in a statement to The Daily Princetonian. The Glee Club declined to comment.

After graduation, Farmer worked in telecommunications and private equity. He was also the president and board member of Queer Princeton Alumni (QPA). He was removed unanimously from these positions by the board of QPA on Wednesday, according to a statement by the group. 

Farmer was also the chair of the Committee on Regional Associations and served on the board of the Princeton Internships in Civic Service (PICS). 

“Mr. Farmer is not currently a University volunteer,” said University Spokesperson Jennifer Morrill in a statement to the ‘Prince.’ Farmer also serves on the board of the New York Philharmonic.

As reported by NJ.com, the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office received a tip about child sexual abuse material in January that it alleged was linked to Farmer.

Farmer’s arrest has attracted the attention of some conservative news outlets, many of them focusing on his involvement with QPA.

Miriam Waldvogel is an associate News editor for the ‘Prince.’

Please send corrections to corrections[at]dailyprincetonian.com.