Philadelphia Eagles hire football alum Adam Berry ’09 in executive role

640px-Eagles_(39417234731).jpg
The Eagles will play the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl on Feb. 12.
Wikimedia Commons

Former Princeton football player Adam Berry ’09, will be joining the recently-crowned NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles in an executive role.

Berry will be leaving his post as Head of U.S. Loan Trading at Goldman Sachs in favor of the football club. Reports say Berry will begin work with the Eagles in May, so he will not be with the organization in time for their Super Bowl matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs this Sunday, on Feb. 12. He will also miss the entirety of NFL free agency — when players not currently under contract can sign with any team — which begins on Feb. 21 and ends on March 7. 

His specific position within the team’s executive structure has not been announced.

Berry played wide receiver for the Tigers while at Princeton. During the 2007 season, he posted 420 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns to help the Tigers to a fourth place finish in the Ivy League.

Berry’s twin brother, Andrew, was the youngest general manager in NFL history when he signed with the Cleveland Browns in 2020. Andrew played cornerback for the Harvard Crimson, with whom he won the Ivy League in 2007.

The two brothers had a rivalry while competing in the Ivy League together. In a post for the Princeton Varsity Club website during his time as a student, Berry credited his sibling rivalry as teaching him to “always compete.” 

“Very few student-athletes can say they played against the best athletes while handling some of the most difficult classes and earning grades curved against some of the brightest minds,” Berry wrote in the post. “But having done so puts you in a position to fight for a win whether it’s in a tough job market, a difficult grad school application, or simply a tough position in life by always competing.”

The nature of Berry’s work with the Eagles remains unclear. Berry did not respond to a request for comment from The Daily Princetonian by the time of publication.

Diego Uribe is an assistant editor for the Sports section at the ‘Prince.’ 

Please direct any corrections requests to corrections[at]dailyprincetonian.com.