Princeton welcomes admitted students to campus for the first in-person Princeton Preview in two years

preview tents.jpeg
Princeton Preview tents from 2018.
Risa Gelles-Watnick / The Daily Princetonian

On April 12 and April 19, students admitted to the Class of 2026 visited campus for Princeton Preview, an annual experience for prospective students and their family to explore the University. This spring marks the first time in two years that the event was held in-person. 

According to the Preview website, the event “reached its registration capacity,” and the University “livestream[ed] and record[ed] the Princeton Preview events for those who [could not] attend in person.”

At Preview, students were able to tour campus, attend departmental fairs, hear about Princeton students’ personal experiences, and peruse the many extracurricular activities that Princeton has to offer. 

The Daily Princetonian interviewed various admitted students at the Activities Fair about their experiences with Preview and their impressions of the University.

Many students said they found that Preview enhanced their perception of campus and provided them with the context necessary to make an informed decision about where to commit for their post-secondary education.

“Based on all of the student activity and just talking to everyone and really getting exposure to some of the opportunities here, just made me feel better about considering Princeton as my top choice,” said Brandon Hwang of Ramsey, N.J.

Some students shared their favorite parts of Preview, explaining that they learned a lot from the event.

“I loved the activity fair,” said Simar Parmar of Long Island, N.Y. “I have read so much about Princeton on its website, but coming in person is just so much better.”

Abiola Bolaji of Edgewater Park, N.J. added that, “[My favorite part is] how expansive and diverse the environment is and how much they have to offer. Even though I came here with a lot of previous notions, I still found a lot of things that I was not expecting. I especially loved the Engineering Fair and the student panel.” 

Others said they found that the welcoming community and “palpable school spirit” were the determining factors in their decision to commit.

“I really enjoyed it. I was kind of iffy about Princeton before because it was all the way on the other side of the country, but everyone has been so welcoming,” said Sriya Kotta of Los Angeles, Calif. 

Some students said they also appreciated that the in-person Preview gave prospective students an opportunity to engage with other admitted students in a more immersive and personable manner. Jenny Li of Vancouver, British Columbia mentioned that she “really enjoyed meeting [her] possible future classmates."

For various admitted students, hearing the testimonies of current Princeton students was the highlight of Preview. 

“The panel of students really helped me fall in love with the University. Preview has also opened my eyes to how dynamic and enriching Princeton University [is],” said Kayla Xu of San Diego, Calif. 

Parmar also told the ‘Prince’ that “the student panel was really impactful because they were real students who answered questions so honestly and so candidly.” 

Bolaji echoed this “student-first” sentiment by talking about how Preview “panels and tours were run by students and not just professors.”

The ‘Prince’ asked if students were planning to commit to Princeton after attending Preview.

Hwang said, “After Preview, I will definitely be committing to Princeton."

“Yes, definitely. After Princeton Preview, I am super excited,” Parmar said. 

Aidan Iacobucci is a staff news writer for the ‘Prince.’ He can be reached at iacobucci@princeton.edu or @aidaniaco on Instagram.