Over 200 students have faced disciplinary action for Social Contract violations this academic year

Social distancing on campus
A sign promoting social distancing in front of Blair Arch.
Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

249 students have faced disciplinary action for violations of the Social Contract between the start of the 2020-21 academic year and April 22, according to a report released by the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students (ODUS).

186 of these cases resulted in disciplinary probation of up to 24 months, depending on the severity of the case. Fifteen of these students were removed from campus housing and/or barred from campus for “significant” violations of the Social Contract, including hosting off-campus visitors and hosting large in-person gatherings.

“Approximately half of the violations involved students who did not submit two COVID tests per week, per the University testing protocol,” according to the report. For these cases, consequences depended on the number of tests missed.

The remainder of the violations were for those hosting or attending gatherings “where the number of guests in attendance exceeded the permitted number and/or involved an off-campus guest in a dormitory.” Guests generally received shorter terms of probation than hosts.

194 of these cases occurred between Feb. 27 and April 22, based on data previously released by ODUS. This time frame also included 142 of the cases of disciplinary probation, seven removals from campus, 11 reprimands, and 41 warnings.