Campus lockdown lifted after armed robbery of three students, investigation ongoing

1939-2.jpg
1939 Hall, from First College Courtyard.
Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

The University was placed on immediate lockdown early Sunday morning after three students reported being robbed at gunpoint near 1939 Hall in First College. 

At 6:14 a.m., the lockdown was lifted after an “initial, extensive search for suspects.”

Campus was first alerted to the robbery at 4:32 a.m., when a TigerAlert was sent to students by email and text message. The alerts cited two suspects and described them as “possibly wearing hooded sweatshirt[s].”

The alerts announced a campus lockdown and told students to “stay indoors until further notice.”

Additional details were provided in a second alert, including that the three students were robbed of “personal items” by two assailants, but were uninjured. The students alerted the Department of Public Safety (DPS), which “responded to the scene” alongside Princeton Police Department counterparts.

DPS immediately put campus under lock down and began an initial search for suspects. As of 6:14 a.m., the lockdown has been lifted, though an investigation is “active and ongoing.”

Extra DPS patrols have been engaged, and any suspicious behavior can be reported at 609-258-1000.

A University spokesperson told The Daily Princetonian that no new information was available, as of 8:43 a.m.

This story is breaking and will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.