USG begins Disability Task Force, approves Honor Committee members

Frist Campus Center entry
The entrance to Frist Campus Center.

In its weekly meeting, the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) implemented the new Disability Task Force, which aims to address the needs of students with disabilities on campus.

The task force was introduced by Naomi Hess ’22, newly appointed member of the University Student Life Committee (USLC), and USLC Chair Aaron Leung ’23. Hess is an associate news editor for The Daily Princetonian.

Hess suggested improving the accessibility map on campus, saying the current one is outdated and not user-friendly, and proposed a collaboration with the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students to create an orientation event that focuses on disability. Hess also suggested inclusion training for the eating clubs and co-ops to ensure that campus is as accessible and inclusive as possible.

The USG Senate confirmed Isabel Segel ’22, Matthew Wilson ’24, Janis Chen ’24, Anaika Mehra ’23, and Teddie Lloydbuckley ’24 to the Honor Committee.

“I wanted to apply to be on the Honor Committee because I’ve had some really formative experiences surrounding anxiety about the honor code when I was an underclassman, so I think it’s really important to have someone with a level of empathy and attention to detail on the Honor Committee,” Segel said.

Honor Committee Chair Dina Kuttab ’21 estimated that there were roughly 16 applications for available positions on the Honor Committee and the Committee on Discipline.

“I thought it was a really good group of candidates,” Kuttab said. “We were really impressed.”

The meeting was held via Zoom at 9:30 p.m. EST.

Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story incorrectly named Anika Asthana ’24 as a newly appointed member of the Honor Committee. The ‘Prince’ regrets this error.