What to Do in Princeton this week

March 25th-31st

WhatToDoInPrinceton.png

Six14 Christian Dance Company: Seasons (March 28–29) at Frist Campus Center. Six14, Princeton’s premier Christian dance company, will be presenting their annual show this week. The show is inspired by Ecclesiastes 3:4, “A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.” A variety of dance styles from contemporary to praise dance will be featured.

10 people, 4 things (March 28–30) at Hearst Dance Theater. Ten people, four things is a collaborative senior thesis performance. The seniors in the Dance certificate will be performing two pieces by choreographers Shannon Gillen and Loni Landon. In addition, two of the seniors in the department have choreographed dances for the show.

Belonging: An Undergraduate Conference on Gender Studies (March 30) at the Friend Center. Princeton Women’s Alliance is hosting its first academic conference on Gender Studies this weekend. The purpose of the event is to put a spotlight on undergraduate research related to gender. Historian Joan Wallach Scott will deliver the keynote address for the conference.

Princeton in Hollywood: Writing for Hollywood (March 30) on livestream. Princeton Career Services is hosting a viewing of the livestreamed panel discussion “Writing for Hollywood” with four alumni — Rachel Alter ’14, Selwyn Seyfu Hinds ’93, Julia Keimach ’12, and Kevin Rodriguez ’10. The panelists will discuss their career paths in the film and television industries. Writer/producer Stacey Rukeyser ’91 will moderate the event.

The Chocolate Expo (March 31) at Rutgers Athletic Center. If you are interested in getting away from Princeton during the weekend, the annual Chocolate Expo will be at the Rutgers Athletic Center in Piscataway, N.J. During the expo, you can sample and purchase a variety of delicious foods, including chocolates, cheeses, and baked goods.