UPDATE: Scribbick notches individual win as women's swim and dive remains third in Ivy Championships

Swimming dive

Photo Credit: Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

In the second day of Ivy League Championship competition, sophomore Sine Scribbick picked up Princeton's first event win in the 1-meter diving competition, edging out Yale's Talbot Paulsen by one-tenth of a point. She was joined on the podium by senior Carolyn MacFarlane (3rd) and junior Mimi Lin (7th). 

"It was really, really great," said MacFarlane on reaching the podium with her teammates. "I think it's been a long time coming for Sine, and Mimi just dove out of this world today, so I'm really, really excited for both of them."

The Tigers fared less well in the swimming events of the night, with the top individual finish coming from freshman Cathy Teng in the 50-yard freestyle. Teng, who was seeded eighth after prelims earlier in the day, was able to move up two spots in the finals after taking .16 seconds off her time.

At the end of the day, Princeton still sits in third overall, but Head Coach Bret Lundgaard is looking forward to many of the individual performances to come. 

"I think tomorrow will be a good day," he said in a post-session interview. "We've got opportunities across the board." 

The meet resumes in Denunzio Pool at 11 a.m. Friday with the preliminary rounds of five swimming events and the 3-meter diving competition.