Terrace Club closed to members after incident involving former employee

A former Terrace Club employee made threats against the club, causing it to shut down starting at 4:20 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6. Former employee Darnell Pygum entered Terrace at 11 a.m., according to an email released by Public Safety, and made threatening comments to the club manager, according to an email distributed by Elizabeth Yu ’19, the club president. 

According to a Princeton Police Department press release, Pygum appeared to be intoxicated when he entered the club. Terrace staff told Pygum to leave the premises, and he did so. 

Later in the afternoon, Pygum called, directly threatening the manager, saying "that is the last time you are going to yell at me, I got something for you, I'm going to snipe you, I'm going to get you, I'll be waiting for you outside this afternoon when you leave work."

The Princeton Police Department is investigating Pygum's threats as terroristic.

According to the PPD press release, Pygum is known to police in several Mercer County Agencies. A warrant has been issued for Pygum's arrest in connection to the incident at Terrace Club.

In Yu's email to club members, she said, "please be wary, there was a picture sent in the social groupme so alert an officer if you do happen to see someone resembling him."

Terrace Club will be closed for dinner on March 6 and breakfast on March 7. Students have been cautioned to refrain from physically entering the club.

The University has given Terrace students $15 worth of credit to be used in the Frist Gallery for a single transaction from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on March 6.

Terrace officers declined to comment about the incident.

This story is breaking and will be updated with additional information.