Women's squash team to start off season with home slate

Princeton women’s squash are looking to open their season with a bang, taking on Stanford, Franklin & Marshall, and George Washington universities at home this weekend.

Last year, the Tigers shut out George Washington 9-0 in their first match of the year, going on to defeat Stanford 7-2 during the regular season and 8-1 during the Howe Cup Championships.

Despite these victories, the Tigers will not be complacent going into their matches, with injuries plaguing the top half of their lineup and a strong recruiting class adding depth to Stanford’s team.

Freshman Morgan Steelman is looking forward to her debut in the starting lineup.

“Our match against Stanford will be very competitive but if everyone plays to the best of their abilities we can definitely come out on top. Our team has put in a lot of hard work leading up to this weekend and I can’t wait to see us take on some of our toughest opponents,” she said.

After many months of training and practice in the off season, the Tigers are ready to put their best foot forward and gain some momentum for the season to come.

Freshman Madison Soukup said, “Going into this weekend, I think the primary goal is to leave everything on the court. We want to set a good tone for the rest of the season and show Stanford how hard we have been working thus far in the season. Even though we are dealing with a few injuries, I am excited to see how we come together as a team and fight to win every match.”