Olympics Day 5: Spotlight shines on field hockey trio's high-offense victory

Princeton trio leads Team USA over Japan

Due to poor weather conditions, all rowing events were cancelled on Day 5 for the second time in four days. This made a preliminary field hockey match between the U.S. and Japan the only event with Princetonians in it on Wednesday.

Katie Reinprecht ’13, Julia Reinprecht ’14, and Kathleen Sharkey ’13 were part of Team USA, which beat Japan 6 -1. Katie Reinprecht scored one of the six goals two minutes before halftime. Three of the other five goals came from Katie Bam. This victory adds three points to the USA’s existing six, tying it in first place with the undefeated Great Britain. Read more about Princeton's contribution to the victory here

The following is the schedule for Day 6 of the Games:

8:00 a.m. EDT – Kate Bertko ’06 will row in the lightweight double sculls Semifinal A/B 2 for a spot in the finals.

8:50 a.m. EDT –Canadian rower Lauren Wilkinson ’11 will compete in the women’s coxed eights repechage for a spot in the finals.

9:00 a.m. EDT American rower Glenn Ochal ’08 will participate in the men’s coxed eights repechage for a spot in the finals.

9:30 a.m. EDT –Katharine Holmes ’17will be on Team USA as it takes on Romania in the women’s team epee quarterfinals. The event’s semifinals and finals will follow immediately after.

10:40 a.m. EDT – Ashleigh Johnson ’17 will goal keep for Team USA against China in a water polo preliminaries game.

12:10 p.m. EDT – Robin Prendes ’11 and Tyler Nase ’13 will row in the American boat in the coxless lightweight four Final B, which is for ranking purposes only.

6:30 p.m. EDT – The Reinprecht sisters and Sharkey will try to maintain Team USA’s undefeated streak in a preliminary field hockey match against India.