Terrace remains most popular sign-in club for third year

While Terrace Club filled after its first round of sign-ins, new members will still be accepted at Charter Club, Cloister Inn, Colonial Club and Quadrangle Club until the end of the sign-in period on Feb. 14.

Acceptance numbers are not final as sign-ins are ongoing, but they represent the conclusion of the second round of open club sign-ins.

At least 405 students joined Charter, Cloister and Colonial.Quad declined to provide the number of its acceptances this yearuntil third-round sign-ins have concluded at the end of the week.

At least 477 students joined a sign-in club by this point last year, which includes acceptance numbers from Quad.

Terrace accepted 145 members during the first round of sign-ins this year and closed applications afterwards, proving to be the most popular sign-in club for the third year in a row.All of the new members are sophomores.

“I’m very happy that so many sophomores want to find a home in Terrace, and I am especially happy that we are able to take all the sophomores who signed in first-round,” Terrace president Lucia Perasso ’16 said.

Colonial has accepted about 80 new members so far, which is about a 28 percent decrease from the 115 new members who joined last year. New members consist of primarily sophomores but also include a few juniors and seniors.

“Generally in years past, we’ve accepted people through the next week, so we’re hoping for a few more,” Colonial president Swetha Doppalapudi ’16 said.

Charter accepted 77 new members in total, with 75 sophomores, one junior and one senior, a slight decrease from the 90 students who joined last year.

Charter president Jean-Carlos Arenas ’16 noted that it is difficult to pinpoint the reasons for the decline because there are many variables involved. However, he said he is excited about the new members and encourages other students to join.

Arenas is a former chief copy editor and staff writer for The Daily Princetonian.

“We are still accepting new members throughout the rest of sign-in, and we are more than happy to accept anyone who’s interested in becoming a member of Charter,” he said.

Cloister has accepted 77 sign-ins so far, which is a slight decrease from last year’s 92 sign-ins.

“The number of sign-ins at this point is less than last year, but similar to the year before,” Cloister president Ed Walker ’16 said.

Quad accepted 26 students who signed-in first-round but declined to give further enrollment numbers until the conclusion of the third round of sign-ins. Last year, 50 students had signed in at this time.

“Historically, members continue to join in the weeks following, invalidating any previously reported numbers,” Quad president Mitch Shellman ’16 said.

The sign-in period for the four clubs that are still accepting new members will end on Saturday at noon.