Terrace fills up after first round of sign-ins

Terrace Club was “completely filled” after the first round of sign-ins, while the other four sign-in clubs had space remaining after the early round.

Terrace accepted 145 sophomores in the first round, Terrace Club president Lucia Perasso ’16 said in an email to The Daily Princetonian, which ismore than the 130 who signed in last year. The club did not accept any upperclassmen.

Quadrangle Club accepted 26 first-round sign-ins, president Mitch Shellman ’16 said in an email.

Fifty-five students signed into Colonial Club in the early round, presidentSwetha Doppalapudi ’16 said in an email. She added the numbers were similar to last year's numbers and that the club would continue to accept sign-ins.

Cloister Inn president Ed Walker ’16 said in an email that Cloister accepted 40 first-round sign-ins and would continue to accept more on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Charter Club president Jean-Carlos Arenas ’16 declined to disclose the exact number of first-round sign-ins but said in an email that Charter filled half of its class in the first round and was comparable to last year's numbers.

Arenas is a former chief copy editor for the ‘Prince.’

Terrace was the only sign-in club to disclose its first-round sign-in numbers in 2014, but Cloister had 32 first-round sign-ins in 2012 and Colonial had 65 in the same year. Colonial had fewer sign-ins this year than in 2012, while Cloister had more than in 2012.

Sofia Gallo ’17 said she joined Charter during the first-round sign-in process not because she had anything against the bicker process, but because most of her friends were joining sign-in clubs.

“I went to some of the [Charter] events in the fall, and that really helped me decide between the two [I was deciding between],” Gallo said. “[Charter] had really good food, and I just liked the atmosphere a lot ... I don't really have anything against bickering — I was thinking about bickering Tower for a while — but when you don't know that many people, it's not worth it. But it wasn't really like a not feeling comfortable bickering thing."

Kei Yamaya ’17, however, said she wasn't keen on any of the bicker clubs.

“I really couldn't see myself going through [the bicker process], and I really liked Terrace,” Yamaya said. “I have a good feeling about it ... I like how [Terrace] is really eccentric, and I feel like there are a lot of personalities there, and they all seem to really like it. I have a lot of junior friends there, members, and they don't really fit into one type, but they all really seem to like the club.”

Bicker events began on Sunday, and the final deadline for ranking selective and open club choices is Wednesday at 5 p.m., although there are additional opportunities to join an open club for people who find themselves without a club.

Final bicker results will be released on Friday.