What's hot on campus?

Lecture: Heems: Race, Hip-Hop, Activism

“It’s your boy Kreayshawn dressed as a bear!”

Das Racist’s Heems, also known as Himanshu Suri, will spit verses about social and political activism as well as his career. Sponsored by the Princeton Asian American Students Association, the talk will touch on Heems’ start in the financial sector, his time as a member of the Brooklyn-based hip-hop group Das Racist and his current activist work. Heems is currently fighting gerrymandering in Queens, New York and helping immigrants navigate the political process. Don't miss this opportunity!

McCormick 106

Friday, 5:30 p.m.

Film: Grizzly Man

What happens when a man spends 13 summers with grizzly bears in Alaska’s Katmai National Park and Preserve and leaves behind 100 hours of footage after his death? In “Grizzly Man,” German director Werner Herzog weaves together a documentary about the life, passion for grizzly bears and tragic death of Timothy Treadwell. Join Outdoor Action as they offer a screening of this award-winning documentary.

Robertson Bowl 1

Thursday, 9 p.m.

Dance: PUB’s Winter Solstice

Madison Square Garden a bit too far for you to get your winter ballet fix? No worries — you can catch your favorite holiday ballet pieces with Princeton University Ballet. Celebrate the Winter Solstice a week early this year with PUB’s winter show! Featuring excerpts from the beloved holiday classic “The Nutcracker” as well as student-choreographed numbers, the show and its fiery dancers are sure to melt even the iciest of hearts. Let PUB’s jetés and pirouettes spirit you away into an elegant winter wonderland before you head home for the holidays.

Berlind Theatre

Sunday, 4:30 p.m.

Frist Film/Performance Theatre

Tuesday, 7 p.m.

Next Thursday, 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Dance: BodyHype presents ‘Distortion’

Thanksgiving break felt too short, and now you cannot help but struggle to kick it into gear for the last few weeks of class. Words on the pages are just endless squiggles, and numbers float off the page and into thin air. Don’t worry if you think you are going crazy; you’re not the only one whose world is distorted. This weekend BodyHype presents “Distortion,” its first show of the year. Debuting in the lovely Berlind Theatre, the company is sure to deliver a mind-bending performance.

Berlind Theatre

Thursday and Friday, 7 p.m and 10 p.m