Women's volleyball earns strong away wins

Princeton women’s volleyball refused to drop a match this past weekend. George Mason, Delaware and Manhattan all fell to the eventual tournament champions, who emerged victorious with two consecutive come-from-behind wins and a 3-1 advantage over Manhattan over the course of three games.

These three consecutive wins bolstered the confidence of a team already strong in pace and awareness.

The first contest, scheduled for Friday morning, resulted in a back-and-forth affair, in which the Tigers won the second, fourth and fifth sets. In similar fashion, Princeton took the first set of the second match — the hosts, Delaware, provided the competition on this occasion — before dropping two straight. As in the previous tilt, the Tigers took the final set by a score of 15-10.

The previous week of competition saw a Princeton player earn the Ivy League’s he highest accolades, as junior right side Kendall Peterkin racked up 58 kills and 54 digs. She continued her prolific ways this week, tallying 61 kills and 43 digs.

In her third year, junior defensive specialist/libero Sarah Daschbach has taken a strong leading role on her side. Playing in every contested set over the weekend, Daschbach managed a very impressive 72 digs during the course of play.

League competition has yet to start for the hard-hitting Tigers. A weekend of out-of-conference competition comes next week at the Rutgers Invitational before Princeton’s opens league play at Penn in the City of Brotherly Love.