Quad: Angel Haze & ScHoolboy Q

Angel Haze

Quadrangle Club, 3 p.m.

At 23-years-old, rapper Angel Haze is making her voice heard in the hip-hop world, producing emotionally charged tracks that act as a window to her troubled past. Angel Haze, who has been an outspoken critic on rape culture and sexism, brings a fierce spirit of rebellion that can be plainly heard in her music. Her first studio album, "Dirty Gold,"which dropped December of last year, showcases both her lyrical talent and flaming delivery. A true artist with a powerful message to send, Angel Haze will undoubtedly pull a crowd of her own at Quad this fall.

YouTube It: “Werkin’ Girls”, “Battle Cry

ScHoolboy Q

Quadrangle Club, 4 p.m.

As the headliner of the day, ScHoolboy Q will make this fall’s Lawnparties one of the most memorable in recent years. A member of Black Hippy, the West Coast hip-hop collective fronted by Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q is poised to be the next to make a mainstream breakout. "Oxymoron," his latest record that debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, was both a chance to settle into an identity and also a test of ScHoolboy Q’s ability to balance mainstream landfall with his gangsta rap roots. Citing Nas, 50 Cent and The Notorious B.I.G. as influences, ScHoolboy Q raps with versatility and lyrical force. Most of all, he likes to keep his listeners close, and his visceral delivery makes each track an intimate experience. ScHoolboy Q is certainly carving out his own niche in the hip-hop scene, and, fortunately, we all have a chance to see him perform at this exciting point in his career.

YouTube It: “Collard Greens”, “Man of The Year