Nine alumni appointed University trustees

Former Environmental Protection Agency administrator Lisa Jackson GS ’86 has been named a University trustee for a four-year term along with eight other members, the University announced this afternoon. The other newly appointed trustees are Paul Haaga Jr. ’70, C. Kim Goodwin ’81, Mitchell Julis ’77, Anthony Lee ’79, Bradford Smith ’81, Heather Gerken ’91, Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers ’87, and Brian Reilly ’14, the most recently elected Young Alumni Trustee.

The number is comparable to those of previous years, with eight trustees elected last year and seven in 2012.

Haaga and Goodwin will serve eight-year terms as charter trustees.

Haaga is on the Board of Directors of National Public Radio and was formerly a senior attorney for the Securities and Exchange Commission. He studied economics at the University. Goodwin, who served as an alumni trustee from 2004 to 2008, graduated with a politics degree from the University. She is an investment advisor and the former managing director of Credit Suisse’s Asset Management Division.

Jackson, Julis, Lee and Smith will be term trustees and serve for four years.

Jackson wasrumored to be a candidate for University presidentwhen the search for President Emeritus Shirley Tilghman’s successor began.During her time as head of the EPA from 2009 to 2013, she often butted heads with Republican politicians in Congress and was under investigation for using a second email account under an alias for business matters.

Julis graduated from the Wilson School and serves as co-chair and co-CEO of Canyon Partners, an asset management firm.

Lee is director of Aberon Pty Ltd., an investment company. He studied math at the University.

Smith, Microsoft’s general counsel and executive vice president of legal and corporate affairs, was a Wilson School concentrator.

Gerken and Gonzalez Rogers will be four-year alumni trustees. Gerken studied history at the University and is now a professor at Yale Law School. Gonzalez Roberts is the first Latina to serve as U.S. district judge for the Northern District of California. She graduated with a politics degree from the University.

Reillywill serve as Young Alumni trustee; he was elected to the position by the junior, senior and two youngest alumni classes. He is a Princeton in Latin America fellow and was a Wilson School concentrator.

More to come…