Princeton athletes awarded All-Ivy honors

Freshman forward Konrad Wysocki was honored by the Ivy League coaches this week by being named Rookie of the Year.

The freshman, originally from Lollar, Germany, averaged 5.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per game and was a key inside presence for the Tigers who travel to New Orleans to take on North Carolina in the first round of the NCAA Tournament Friday.

The fiery freshman was the fifth Princeton player to be named rookie of the year and the first since junior Chris Young was in 1999.

Also picking up All-Ivy honors were senior center Nate Walton who was a unanimous selection to the first team, junior guard Ahmed El Nokali — a second-team selection — and sophomore forward Kyle Wente who earned honorable mention status in his first season as a major contributor for the Tigers.

In other All-Ivy news, junior forward Andrea Kilbourne and junior defender Aviva Grumet-Morris were named to the second-team All-Ivy in women's hockey.

Kilbourne was Princeton's leading scorer for the third-straight season after amassing 49 points in this year's campaign. This is her third All-Ivy honor after being named to the first team last season and the second team her freshman year.

Grumet-Morris was fourth on the team in scoring and provided a strong presence at the blue line for the Tigers. This was her first All-Ivy honor.

Despite the women's basketball team's disappointing season, sophomore Maureen Lane was able to distinguish herself as one of the top players in the league and earned a place on the All-Ivy League second team for her efforts.

Lane was fifth in the league in scoring with 14.7 points per game and also averaged 5.7 rebounds per contest.