3 Princeton football seniors earn spots at NFL minicamps

Princeton v. Cornell
Senior linebacker Jeremiah Tyler had a 36-yard fumble return for a TD in Princeton's 34-16 win over Cornell.
Courtesy of GoPrincetonTigers.com

Even though no Tigers were selected in the National Football League (NFL) Draft this year, a handful of talented seniors will get their shot at NFL rosters before the regular season begins. 

Earlier this week, seniors defensive back Delan Stallworth, defensive lineman Samuel Wright II, and linebacker Jeremiah Tyler were all invited to NFL rookie minicamps. Stallworth received an invitation from the Philadelphia Eagles, Wright II from the Seattle Seahawks, and Tyler from the New York Jets.

Stallworth, who has been named to the All-Ivy First Team, All-Ivy Second Team, and as an All-Ivy Honorable Mention during his time at Princeton, made 171 tackles and recorded 13 passes defensed during his career. He will begin rookie minicamp with the Eagles on Friday, May 6.

Another player beginning his NFL journey this Friday is Samuel Wright II, who will head to the Pacific Northwest for a minicamp with Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks. The 6-foot, 255-pound senior was named First Team All-Ivy in 2021, and recorded 20 sacks and four forced fumbles during his career. He had a career-high 11.5 sacks in 2021.

Lastly, Jeremiah Tyler will be remaining in-state for his rookie minicamp, as he will travel to the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center in Florham Park, N.J. for a tryout with Robert Saleh and the New York Jets. Tyler was perhaps the most well-scouted Draft prospect from Princeton this year, having won the Bushnell Cup as the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year in 2021 and having been named Second Team All-American that same year. His minicamp will also begin May 6. 

At the time of publishing, The Daily Princetonian had not received a comment from any of the invitees. 

All three will look to join Jesper Horsted ’19, John Lovett ’19, Stephen Carlson ’19, and Caraun Reid ’14 on NFL rosters come September. The first step will be making an impression at these rookie minicamps this weekend.

Wilson Conn is a co-head editor for the Sports section at the ‘Prince’ who typically covers football, basketball, and breaking news. He is also a senior writer for the Podcast section. He can be reached at wconn@princeton.edu or on Twitter at @wilson_conn.