Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Winnie Brandfield-Harvey

wab2@princeton.edu

Articles

Allow same-sex couples to receive G-4 visas again

The U.S. prides itself on being a free country, but when our own President and the administration with which he surrounds himself publicly accept and facilitate the mistreatment of the LGBTQ+ community, we are not making America great again.

She speaks

You can call yourself a feminist, participate in marches, wear ribbons for awareness, and stand up for women in every way possible. Yet you can’t understand the gravity of sexual assault until a survivor is sitting in front of you, waiting for an answer. Waiting for you to tell her she can forgive herself. Waiting for your reaction, if any, which may well tell her everything she needs to know. And even then, you can only fathom a fraction of the suffering.

What my parents taught me

“No brothers?” is the typical first response, when I tell people that I have four sisters, followed by condolences for my dad. Often, these comments came from other parents, especially those with sons.

Poking holes in the bubble

Some days I love being sucked into this Princeton dimension. Staying up late in Firestone, surrounded by many other students who are in the same boat. Walking back to my room at midnight without feeling the need to look over my shoulder. And yet, some other days, I realize I haven’t called my mom in a week. I have no idea what is happening in the news. I am not keeping track of all the money I am spending so casually with my prox.

Being clean is dope

The IOC should take serious measures to cleanse Russia’s committee of corruption, as well as to  check thoroughly the systems of other countries, but banning Russian athletes completely would be unfair. The results of their commitments shouldn’t depend on the results of others’ crimes.