Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Jae-Kyung Sim

Articles

Please respond to their texts

As I now try to stay connected to friends from vastly different locations, I regret not investing time into the simple act of texting to keep up some of those friendships that I valued highly.

Leave out identity politics in the primaries

As an Asian, I would love to see an Asian-American giving the State of the Union address someday. Nonetheless, I wouldn’t automatically vote for the Asian-American candidate in this election.

If you're reading this, it’s not too late

Stay informed and fight back. Not only can the ‘Prince’ provide a significant source of campus-wide community, but it has tremendous potential to become a critical rallying point for campus activism. So if you’re reading this, it’s not too late: go tell your friends to read the ‘Prince.’

In praise of wasting time

Just because you get a Goldman Sachs internship doesn’t mean you will be happy for the rest of your life —new problems will always arise. 

Let’s shut down all libraries by 2 a.m.

Wearing the exact same clothes he had worn yesterday, my friend told me that he had fallen asleep in the library while doing his assignments. And so, I declare: We should close all libraries by 2 a.m.

Invite More Political Speakers to Campus

Even the small sparks of political awareness and events that do occur, such as traditional public debatesor the political activities fair, are confined to the areas surrounding Whig-Clio Halls—it definitely is not a campus-wide phenomenon.