Daily Princetonian Staff

image (2).png

The State of Activism

While Princeton has a reputation of apathy towards activism, how activism is practiced on campus cannot be distilled to a monolith. This special supplement from The Daily Princetonian examines the full spread of assumptions about activism on Princeton’s campus. Together, these stories explain how Princeton has balanced two identities — a hub for activist energy and a culture of indifference.

Students gather on a lawn in front of a Tudor Gothic style building on a sunny day. Most students are sitting on a picnic blankets with a few standing.

Activism: The ‘Prince’s’ coverage over the years

The Daily Princetonian’s Data team tracks the ‘Prince’s coverage of activism every decade since the 1870s. Looking at the frequency of articles featuring key words, from “advocacy” to “apartheid” and “divest” to “demonstration,” we uncover trends of activism at Princeton.

Graphic with black background. Four basketball players in black and white pose in front of orange basketball illustration. Above, a title is in white font: "Going Back to Nassau Ball." The word "ball" glows orange.

Going Back to Nassau Ball: Behind the teams, behind the dreams

Ahead of Ivy Madness, The Daily Princetonian takes a behind-the-scenes look at the recent successes of the men’s and women’s basketball teams. This supplement looks at the people who make up the teams now and the strategies that have propelled the Tigers to the top of the Ivy League.

Two people walking into a lit up building with the word "Wawa" with the word "Princeton" on a banner. Everything is very dark.

We spent 24 hours in a Wawa and wrote it all down.

The ‘Prince’ staff sat in Wawa for 24 hours, observing the rotating cast of characters who enter and exit its doors, and the stories of those who work behind its counters. Reporters switched off hour by hour, each observing a part of the Wawa tapestry.

BlackHistoryCollage.png

Moments in Princeton’s Black history

In a special issue, The Daily Princetonian looks at moments in Princeton's Black history. Topics range from Princeton’s historically Black Witherspoon-Jackson neighborhood to the legacy of slavery to nightlife in the 90s.

In special issue, The Daily Princetonian looks at moments in Princeton's Black history. Topics range from Princeton’s historically Black Witherspoon-Jackson neighborhood to the legacy of slavery to nighlife in the 90s.

More articles »