Support the Prince

Please disable AdBlock for our Domain. Thank You!

Daily Princetonian Editorial Board

Articles

Editorial: How Women Became Tigers

Despite progress for women on campus, the University has a long way to go in addressing sexual misconduct, combating misogyny on male sports teams, and rectifying the lack of female mentors.

Editorial: Vote YES on Honor Code Reform

Two years after the last referendum on the Honor Committee failed to reach threshold limitations, it is time for a concrete change in policy.  Each of the four referenda on the ballot this election cycle proposes an important change to the Constitution of the Honor System. While the language could be more specific, the proposals represent an honest effort to reform a dangerously flawed honor system, and we urge students to vote for them.

Editorial: Vote Yee for USG President

This Board welcomes the opportunity to continue in the tradition of formally endorsing a candidate for President of Undergraduate Student Government. In the Winter 2017 election cycle, the three candidates for President are: Matt Miller ’19, Ryan Ozminkowski ’19, and Rachel Yee ’19. After careful consideration of each candidate's platform, the Board endorses Rachel Yee for USG President. 

Sexual misconduct and the abuse of power

In the midst of a national conversation on sexual misconduct and the abuses of power by national figures like Harvey Weinstein and others, it should hardly surprise us to learn (or perhaps, remember) that academia is home to perpetrators of sexual misconduct as well. A university’s hierarchical organization enables those in authority to exploit vulnerable individuals in the hierarchy, often without consequence. 

Editorial: Ensuring due process in sexual misconduct cases

As sexual assault has become an issue of increasing concern on college campuses and in national politics, the Board has advocated proposals to help prevent assault at Princeton and encouraged students to take the We Speak survey. We must consider a related issue with equal concern: how the University can ensure a fair, impartial process as it adjudicates alleged sexual misconduct.

Editorial: Re-establish the campus pub

The Editorial Board feels it necessary to reaffirm our support for bringing back the campus pub. We believe the campus pub should return to its original location where Chancellor Green Café now operates.

Editorial: Expanding and confirming Honor Committee membership

The Board supports increasing the size of the Honor Committee to reduce the burden on individual members and to better preserve institutional knowledge. However, the Board believes that requiring a closed session and supermajority vote of the USG Senate to confirm committee nominees will unduly restrict a transparent and fair confirmation process.

Editorial: Reforming the room draw process

The last two weeks have been a flurry of excitement as students participate in room draw, selecting where and with whom they will be living for the next academic year.