Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Daily Princetonian Contributor

Articles

A Lighter Shade of Orange: "Frist"

By Robert DeLuca '17 "A Lighter Shade of Orange" is a new satirical series, a literary take on campus culture. Frist Campus Center, 2:30 a.m. In the line, amongst my fellow animals, the smell of pepperoni pizza is overpowering.

House Budget Committee chairman discusses economic recovery

The economic recovery from the recession of 2008 has been the slowest, statistically, since the Great Depression, House Budget Committee chairman Tom Price said at a lecture onWednesday. Price, a former orthopedic surgeon, began his political career in 1997, and is currently the U.S.

Liechtenstein Institute roundtable discusses Catalan independence

Self-determination may shatter states since national movements for independence often culminate in tensions and conflicts among subgroups, Wolfgang Danspeckgruber, the founding director of the Liechtenstein Institute on Self-Determination at the University, argued at a Thursday roundtable discussion on the question of Catalan independence. Catalonia has been part of Spain since it was established in the 15th century.

(Headliners and) Headshakers

In a special edition ofHeadliners andHeadshakers, more aptly titled Headliners and Headshakers this week, we have selected a few comments that inspired vigorous head and fist shaking. 1.

Students react positively to new neuroscience concentration

Student response to a newly approved neuroscience concentration has been mostlypositive since the University faculty voted unanimously to approve iton Monday. “I think [the neuroscience concentration] is a really great idea,” Vivienne Tam ’15 said.

Updated: Neuroscience concentration approved by faculty

University faculty members voted unanimously on Monday afternoon in favor of creating a new concentration in neuroscience at a faculty meeting. The new concentration could start admitting undergraduates into the department as early as this spring. The University has offered a neuroscience certificate program since 2001, but faculty members proposed establishing a concentration in the field because of greater interest from current and prospective students and the existence of similar neuroscience concentration programs at peer institutions, according to a leaked department proposal dated June 24. There was no previous public announcement of faculty intent to develop a concentration.

Plans drafted for neuroscience concentration, leaked proposal says

The Princeton Neuroscience Institute has drafted a proposal outlining a program of study for a new neuroscience concentration, according to a document obtained by The Daily Princetonian and dated June 24. The proposal will be discussed and presumably voted upon at a faculty meeting on Monday afternoon, Deputy Dean of the College Clayton Marsh confirmed in an email on Saturday. The change comes nine years after the founding of the Princeton Neuroscience Institute, an initiative of then-University President Shirley Tilghman, and less than a year after the opening of the new psychology and neuroscience building.