Cara Morey to succeed Jeff Kampersal as head coach of women's ice hockey

Cara Morey, who had been associate head coach of the women’s ice hockey team, has been promoted to head coach of the same team. She will replace Jeff Kampersal, who will take the head coach position at Penn State, his alma mater.

Morey has been a key figure on Princeton's team for the past six years. As associate head coach, she helped lead the Tigers to the ECAC quarterfinals five times and the ECAC semifinals this past year, and was in instrumental in the Tiger’s 2016 Ivy League Championship run and the ultimate NCAA bid.

In addition to her experience at Princeton, Morey also brings years of international experience. Morey coached Team Canada at the U-18 Championships, winning a silver medal. She was also the assistant coach of Canada’s National Women’s Development team in 2015 and helped coach the National Development Team Camps in 2012 and 2014.

Furthermore, Morey also brings to the table invaluable experience as a player. In her time on the ice, she won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2000 National Cup and played two years in the national program.

Morey will have big shoes to fill as she takes the head coach position next year. After all, Kampersal logged the most wins of any coach in program history, recording 327 victories since he became head coach in the 1996-97 season.

However, with her depth of experience both at Princeton and the international stage, Morey will undoubtedly rise to the occasion.

Fans of Princeton ice hockey will have an exciting year ahead as the Tigers look to continue their success under new leadership.