New international programs building to be named after Simpson GS' 60

Thenew buildingfor international programs at 20Washington Road will be named the Simpson International Building after a $20million donation from Louis Simpson GS '60 and hiswife KimberlyQuerrey.

According to University President Christopher Eisgruber ’83, starting this fall, theSimpson International Building will be home to the Davis International Center, the Princeton Institute forInternational andRegional Studies, the Office of International Programs, theBridge Year Program and the Council for International Teaching and Research, amongother initiatives.The building, located between Robertson Hall and Green Hall,was previously home to the Frick Chemistry Laboratory. Toronto-basedarchitecture firm KPMB designed the renovation of thebuilding.It was the combination of pulling together many activitiesin economics and international topics that interested the couple to make a gifttowards the building, Simpsonsaidin an email.

The Department of Economics will be housed next to theSimpson International Building.Eisgruber added that both Simpson and Querrey arededicated to the purpose of furthering higher education.“Their contribution has added to the prominence ofinternational initiatives and encouraged collaboration in a way that would nothave been possible before,” he explained.

Simpson said that while he has been involved with theChicago Council on Global Affairs for many years, his wife has been workingwith Council of Foreign Relations in New York, so making the leadgift in theInternational Building fulfills their interest in a rapidly changing world.

A regular contributor to the Annual Fund for many yearsafter graduating from the University, Simpson also funded two graduate fellowshipsin Economics in 2009.

He also funded the Louis A. Simpson Center for the Study ofMacroeconomics in 2014 and served on the board of the Princeton InvestmentCompany from 2007 to 2013.