sssssPoetry: Ellipses Slam Team presents “(AMPERSAND)”

Why “(AMPERSAND),” you ask? Because Ellipses’ winter show will feature more than just poetry — poems will be accompanied music & dance & photos & films for a mixed-media show unlike anything the group has done before. Chapbooks of original poetry will also be sold for $5.

Theatre Intime

Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m.

*

Music: VTone presents “Tempo Tantrums”

VTone is Princeton’s one and only East Asian a cappella group — though they also do English songs! — and is having its annual fall arch in, yes, an arch. Grab late meal (or grab an underclassman’s late meal) and head over to hear the sweet strains of songs by artists ranging from Bastille to Winner to Jay Chou float through 1879.

1879 Arch

Thursday, 10 p.m.

*

Event: The Nassau Literary Review presents “Fall & Winter Issue Launch Party”

The Nass Lit wants to you to “drop it like F. Scott” with a hot pot of coffee at everyone’s favorite spot, Small World. (Is it too late for us to submit our poetry for publication in this issue?) Channel hip Brooklyn coffeehouse vibes at the biannual Nass Lit launch party, featuring free coffee, free live music and a free open mic.

Small World Coffee

Thursday, 10:30 p.m.

*

Music:Princeton University Wildcats' 28th Annual JAM

Princeton’s youngest and most purple all-female a cappella group, the Wildcats, is having their 28th annual jam. That’s right — even though they’re the youngest all-female a cappella group on campus, they’ve been having jams for longer than most of us have been alive. This year’s love-themed show features guest performances byLa Vie en Cello, eXpressions, Old NasSoul, and Songline.

Taplin Auditorium

Friday, 7 p.m.

*

Dance: Lewis Center of the Arts presents “Princeton Dance Festival”

It’s back! The Lewis Center’s annual dance festival, this year at the end of the fall semester instead of in February, will feature students performing two pieces first staged in the ’80s, as well as four works by faculty and guest choreographers.

Berlind Theater

Friday, 8 p.m.

Saturday, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Sunday, 1 p.m.

Comments