What's hot on campus?

Homecoming Celebration: Spirit Night

As the Princeton Tigers prepare to claw their way to victory out on the home field, do your part in boosting morale by joining their homecoming celebration hosted by the Princeton Student Events Committee. Nothing says “I love my school” quite like DIY shirts, beads and tattoos, which PSEC will provide for students who attend the event. Giveaways will flow freely. After all, the words “football” and “free” embody the true spirit of college. Even if you aren’t feeling orange and black, embrace your inner college student and succumb to the temptation of complimentary swag.

Frist Campus Center East TV Lounge

Friday, 8 pm

— Emily Tang '18

Film: Garden Theatre screening of “Grand Budapest Hotel”

Life in the Orange Bubble too uneventful? If so, check out the PUAM Student Advisory Board’sscreening of the 2014 comedy-drama “Grand Budapest Hotel.” Set in the ’30s, the movie follows the wild adventures of European concierge Monsieur Gustave and his elaborate mission to prove his innocence after being framed for murder. An added bonus is the sidekick: a petite immigrant lobby boy with an incredibly thin pencil ’stache who goes by the name “Zero.” There is only one showing of this “certified fresh” movie hit, which garnered a 92 percent on Rotten Tomatoes — don'tmiss out!

Garden Theatre

Friday, 1 p.m.

— Shohini Rakhit '18

Discussion: William Dereciewicz, Author of “Don’t Send Your Kid to the Ivy League”

Join the American Whig-Cliosophic Society as they host a discussion with the author of the controversial piece decrying the Ivy League. Published in “The New Republic,” the article went viral over the summer, prompting both consensus and criticism — some from other major national publications. To broaden the discussion, the American Whig-Cliosophic Society has invited Joshua Rothman, the archive editor for the New Yorker, who wrote the follow-up article “What College Can't Do.” If you’re facing a tough workload or a junior paper that’s making you question coming to Princeton, be sure to attend!

Whig Hall Senate Chamber

Thursday, 4:30 p.m.

—Seth Merkin Morokoff '16

Theatre: Intime presents “Red”

Veteran director Oge Ude ’16 takes a stab at portraying “Red” — a play about abstract expressionist Mark Rothko which debuted in London and had a short but successful stint on Broadway in 2010. The production incorporates music and dance to explore why people create art. The cast includes six dancers and two actors. Intime has also worked in collaboration with the University Art Museum to sponsor a discussion of the play, the period and the art which corresponds to the current exhibit “Rothko to Richter: Mark-Making in Abstract Painting.”

Theatre Intime

Friday, Saturday 8 p.m.

Sunday 2 p.m.

Performances continue the following week

— Seth Merkin Morokoff '16