Campus Picks: Sept. 20, 2012

Workout: Zumba Party

Feeling the need to work off some of that weekday stress? Drop by Legacy’s Zumba Party! This fun workout will have you moving and grooving, with snacks and drinks provided if (when) you need them. The party will dominate the main floor of Dillon. Never done Zumba before? No problem — Legacy is providing a certified instructor to help you learn to rock this dance-aerobic combo.

Dillon Gymnasium

Thursday, 9 p.m.

Screening: Mad Men

Glamorous apparel. Hidden lives. Simmering tensions. And lots and lots of whiskey. Such is the world of “Mad Men,” AMC’s Emmy-winning TV series that will be screened by Advertise This!, Princeton’s advertising and marketing club. Set in the ’60s in the fictional ad agency Sterling Cooper, the program is a pitch-perfect period piece created by some of the finest writers, directors and actors in television today. With free popcorn, drinks and candy provided, you’d really have to be a mad man not to come see the first episode of this acclaimed show.

Rocky-Mathey Theater

Friday, 9 p.m.

Food: Nassau Street Sampler — South Asian Edition

The South Asian Students Association is bringing all of Nassau Street’s Indian restaurants to you. This is a great opportunity for South Asian students longing for a taste of home, students who want to learn more about South Asia while stuffing their faces, freshmen who are unaware of what Nassau Street has to offer and, of course, anyone at Princeton who loves free food.

Dod Hall Basement

Sunday, 7:30 p.m. 

Theater: Seuls en Scene – Princeton French Theater Festival

Dust off your beret and practice your best judgmental-yet-pensive facial expressions in the mirror, because Princeton is bringing an array of French dramatists to campus next week. Starting with a panel discussion moderated by French senior lecturer Florent Masse next Tuesday, Seuls en Scene launches into a series of amazing performances by some of the best young actors and actresses France has to offer. Shows include interpretations of Faust, St. Augustine’s “Confessions” and much more. Admission is free, but reservations are strongly encouraged.

East Pyne 010; Matthews Acting Studio at 185 Nassau Street; Class of 1970 Theatre in Whitman College

Tuesday – Saturday, times vary

Dance: Introduction to Flamenco Dance for Men and Women

Have you ever wanted to flamenco dance? Well, here is your opportunity! Both men and women are invited to participate in classes taught by critically acclaimed dancer Lisa Botalico. The lessons, which are aimed at beginners, are sure to be fun, exciting and informative. Flamenco dancing, which originated as a style of Spanish Romani dancing, has gained worldwide popularity within the last few years, so expand your horizons and join the wave this year. Registering online is a must, so be sure to sign up before Sept. 24.

Dillon Gymnasium

Tuesday, 7:30 p.m.

Campus picks compiled by Lakshmi Davey, Carla Javier, Stephen Wood, Lisa Fierstein and Nick Ellis.