Thursday, October 28

Previous Issues

Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories
Check out the Frosh Survey results

Sally Jane Ruybàlid

Illustration by Payton Croskey / The Daily Princetonian

Princeton University Stadium.  
Joe Shlabotnik / Flickr

Princeton Athletics needs to make every game a Hometown Heroes game

“These essential workers, emergency responders, ‘hometown heroes,’ – they are colleagues, friends, and neighbors who have gone above and beyond in the most critical of times to care for and help us. They deserve to not have to sacrifice half a day’s wages to take their family to a game. ”

“These essential workers, emergency responders, ‘hometown heroes,’ – they are colleagues, friends, and neighbors who have gone above and beyond in the most critical of times to care for and help us. They deserve to not have to sacrifice half a day’s wages to take their family to a game.” 

McCosh Health Center houses University Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CPS) as well as the Sexual Harassment/Assault Advising, Resources and Education (SHARE) office.
Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

This Women's History Month, remember the violence of gender inequality

“The women at the highest risk are in our Zoom meetings, live next door to us in dorms, edit this newspaper, play our intercollegiate and intramural sports, and pursue their degrees or work.”

Princeton High School
Henry Gray / Wikimedia Commons

Education inequality in public schools: It’s time to do more

“Dropping standardized test requirements does very little to help us; it’s only a tiny pixel in a massive, bleak image of the American public school system and its toxic inequalities.”

Joel Solomon / Wikimedia Commons 

Same sport, different pay

Though newspapers across the US, concerned activists, and even Princeton University itself decry the sexism in society in past and present against women, they nevertheless show evident favoritism in promoting men’s sports and in discreetly and subtly denouncing women’s athletics. This indifference only feeds the toxic anti-female environments that flourish around the world.

More articles »