98 items found for your search. If no results were found please broaden your search.
As the COVID-19 pandemic stretches on, University organizations and mentor groups are exploring how best to adjust annual programming and resources to fit the nature of the virtual environment. For this year’s online Safer Sexpo, Peer Health Advisers (PHAs) presented a COVID-adjusted curriculum that navigated personal desire in a socially distant context, with a new “emphasis on solo sex,” according to PHA and Safer Sexpo coordinator Maricar Almeda ’22.
On Thursday, Sept. 17, the University made public what The Daily Princetonian reported in June: With a $20 million donation, Kwanza Jones ’93 and José E. Feliciano ’94, a married couple, have given the largest gift by Black and Latino alumni in the University’s 274-year history.
New York Times national political reporter Astead W. Herndon joined around 40 students over Zoom on Tuesday night for a wide-ranging conversation on his experience covering the 2020 election, newsroom diversity and representation, and political journalism’s blind spots.
On Sept. 8, the University announced a new financial benefit package intended to assist employees with unprecedented child care costs over the next four months. The package is a temporary expansion of the Employee Child Care Assistance Program (ECCAP) and grants a one-time lump payment to faculty and staff members who meet certain requirements.
For the 10th consecutive year, U.S. News and World Report has ranked the University as the top university in the nation. The 2021 rankings — released Sunday night — list a total of 389 schools.
On Monday, Sept. 14, Dillon Gymnasium, the primary fitness and recreation facility on campus, will re-open for student use for the first time since its mid-March closure. Access to the gym will be by reservation only and restricted to undergraduate and graduate students approved to reside on campus, according to a Campus Rec announcement.
On a typical Friday night in the dead of New Jersey winter, strolling through a narrow street off University Place and just short of Nassau, one might find an unusual scene: as many as 100 students celebrating Shabbat, the weekly Jewish day of rest, by dining outdoors in a tent adjacent to a small house. Shabbat is marked traditionally by refraining from work and partaking in communal meals.
After the University backtracked on its previously announced fall reopening plan on Friday — disinviting first-year students and juniors from campus — many students now face entirely new factors in deciding whether to take a year off.
In a complete reversal of previously announced plans, first-years and juniors will no longer be permitted to live on campus in the fall semester, the University announced on Friday. All teaching will be conducted remotely.
Students living on campus in the fall are “emphatically discouraged” from traveling for “any reason and to any location outside the immediate Princeton area,” read an email to students on Thursday from Associate Provost for International Affairs and Operations Aly Kassam-Remtulla.
On July 12, President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 told The Daily Princetonian that he “personally and strongly” objected to classics professor Joshua Katz’s description of the Black Justice League (BJL) as a “local terrorist organization” in a Quillette column. At the time, University Spokesperson Ben Chang said the University would be “looking into the matter further.”
In a public message to the community on Monday, faculty administrators of the Department of Classics condemned Professor Joshua Katz’s recent description of the Black Justice League (BJL) as a “terrorist organization,” calling Katz’s language “fundamentally incompatible with our mission and values as educators.”
Five days after its publication, President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 joined a growing chorus of faculty, students, and alumni in publicly condemning professor Joshua Katz for a column in which he characterized the Black Justice League (BJL), a student activist group, as a “terrorist organization.”
A number of prominent University faculty members and alumni were among the 153 artists, writers, and scholars who signed an open letter “on justice and open debate,” published in Harper’s Magazine on Tuesday, July 7.
The University will file an amicus brief in the lawsuit brought today by Harvard and MIT against the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 wrote in an email to the campus community on Wednesday.
Just two days before tomorrow’s state primary election, Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) accused challenger Lisa McCormick of “offensive, improper, and potentially illegal campaign tactics” as part of a “conspiracy to deceive the public.”
The University will welcome first-years and juniors to campus for the fall semester and sophomores and seniors for the spring semester, the University announced on Monday.
In October 2019, as some 1,400 Black alumni and guests gathered on campus for the Thrive Conference, a historic deal proceeded in private: Kwanza Jones ’93 and her husband, José E. Feliciano ’94, officially committed to donate over $20 million to the University “in support of diversity, equity, and inclusion” — according to Jones, “the largest gift by underrepresented people of color” in the University’s 274-year history.
Editor’s Note: At 7:05 p.m. on June 23, Electrical Engineering concentrators received an email stating, “for sure all teaching will be on-line” in the fall. At around 8:40 p.m., after receiving comment from the University, the ‘Prince’ published this piece with the following headline: ‘All teaching will be online’ in the fall, writes ELE director of studies to students; U. maintains, ‘Planning continues in real time.’ At 10:05 p.m., James C. Sturm, the professor who had sent the email, responded to a request for comment from the ‘Prince,’ clarifying that he had no inside information about fall planning and had overstated the situation. This story — and its headline — have been comprehensively updated to reflect this response.
Former University Chaplain Father Gabriel Zeis, who resigned in September 2019 amid a sexual abuse allegation dating back to 1975, was cleared of the charge on June 16 by an independent investigation, which found the allegation “not credible,” the Diocese of Trenton has announced.