Bang Bang - JNA

[From left to right] Jessie J, Nicki Minaj, and Ariana Grande on the set of the "Bang Bang" music video/ Jessie J, via Instagram

The early 2000s saw a strong set of female singers and rappers. Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, and Missy Elliot were some of the power players during the time of Lizzie McGuire, Avril, and Gossip Girl. Well now, the torch is being passed to new standout female artists: Jessie J, Nicki Minaj, and Ariana Grande.

Jessie, known for her booming voice and hard-hitting songs, enlisted two of the hottest female artists out right now. Jessie strongly opens the song with, “She got a body like an hourglass / But I can give it to you any time!” With that bangin’ introduction, you just know this is going to be a good song. Along with a steady beat and handclaps, you’ll find yourself clapping along to the catchy chorus.

Following Jessie, Ariana slides in to bring the house down. “She mighta let you hold her hand in school / But imma show you how to graduate,” is a lyric to send shivers up the spine of any Ariana Grande super fan. This summer has been a magical time for this new up-and-comer. With hits like “Problem,” featuring Iggy Azalea, and “Break Free,” featuring Zedd, Jessie knew she had to get Ari on her new track! The girl knows a thing or two about being strong and in charge.

Next is Nicki, laying down the slickest of rhymes. She brings them all together, but also focuses on herself with, “Bang bang cockin’ it/ Queen Nicki dominant, prominent / It’s me, Jessie, and Ari / If they test me they sorry.” While Ariana and Jessie provide the power and flash for "Bang Bang," Nicki clearly provides the sass.

All in all, this song is bangin'. It's currently #1 on the iTunes chartsand #1 on my most played songs of the week. Give it a listen; I'm sure your car, room, or iPod will be banging with this jam soon!

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YswhUHH6Ufc]