Cincinnati Bengals select senior wide receiver Andrei Iosivas in sixth round of NFL Draft

iosivas breaking
Courtesy of @dreislug/Instagram.

The wait is finally over. 

After months of anticipation, senior wide receiver Andrei Iosivas was drafted in the sixth round of the 2023 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals. The 2022 AFC Champions selected him with the 206th pick, after he visited their training facility earlier this month.

The Bengals will be adding one of the best players to ever come out of the Ivy League to their roster. Joining a  Cincinnati wide receiver rotation that includes Ja’Marr Chase and Tee Higgins, Iosivas will have an opportunity to learn from some of the game’s top receivers right away.

Moreover, the Bengals will also be getting one of the most athletic players to ever enter the NFL Draft. Iosivas’ real athletic score (RAS) was a 9.96, ranking 14th out of 3,048 wide receivers scored since 1987.

After a senior season that saw him lead the Tigers with 66 receptions, 943 yards, and seven touchdowns, the receiver from Honolulu earned multiple honors, including First Team All-Ivy, Associated Press Second Team All-America, and Senior Bowl Offensive Player of the Week, among many others. 

This earned him an invite to both the Senior Bowl in February and the NFL combine in March. At both events, Iosivas improved his draft stock and found himself ranging anywhere from a third round pick to a fifth round pick on most mock drafts.

“Anyone who is willing to take a shot on me will get a really good playmaker. I’m just grateful to be in the position I’m in,” Iosivas wrote to The Daily Princetonian last month.

The first game of the season for the Bengals will be in early September. The next four months will be crucial for Iosivas as he hopes to crack the 53-man roster and become just the 37th Tiger to play in the NFL.

Hayk Yengibaryan is an assistant editor for the Sports section at the 'Prince.' 

Please direct any corrections requests to corrections[at]dailyprincetonian.com.