Weekend Review

Men’s basketball @ Dartmouth: W 64–47

Though Harvard defeated the Tigers 72–66 last Friday, the team honored seniors Aaron Young, Mike LeBlanc, Alec Brennan, and Amir Bell on Saturday night in Jadwin Gym. The team topped Dartmouth 64–47. The men now sit at 4-8 in league play; to make the Ivy League Tournament as the 4 seed, they would need to win their final two games and have both Cornell and Columbia lose at least one of their final 2. 

Women’s basketball @ Harvard: L 58-72

Senior forward Leslie Robinson, junior guard/forward Sydney Jordan, freshman guard Abby Meyers, and senior guard Tia Weledji each contributed double figures to the 79–67 victory against Dartmouth on Friday night. The Tigers, however, succumbed 72–58 to Harvard the following evening. Facing Brown and Yale next weekend, one victory will clinch the team the No. 1 seed in the Ivy League Tournament.

Men’s hockey @ St. Lawrence: W 4-3

The team tied No. 10 Clarkson 3–3 on Friday after two goals from senior forward Eric Robinson, one goal from junior forward Ryan Kuffner, and three assists from sophomore forward Jackson Cressey. The Tigers wrapped up regular season play the following day with a 4–3 win over St. Lawrence to earn the No. 7 seed in the ECAC hockey playoffs.

Women’s hockey @ Cornell: L 0-4

The Tigers kicked off the quarterfinals series of the ECAC tournament on Friday against No. 5 Cornell, who topped Princeton 2–1. In the second match of the series, the team rebounded from Friday’s loss with a 5–4 overtime victory against the Big Red, who defeated the Tigers again with a 0–4 final score on Sunday.

Men’s tennis in Blue Gray National Classic: 3-1 performance

The team traveled to Alabama this weekend for the Blue Gray National Classic, first falling 4–0 to Arizona, but winning 1–0 against Rice last Friday. The Tigers concluded the tournament with two consecutive 4–1 victories against Rice and Auburn.

Men’s swimming and diving @ Princeton: 2nd place

Though senior Zach Buerger finished first in the 200 fly, and freshman Colten Young placed second in the 3-meter final, the team finished in second place in the 2018 Ivy League Championships with an honorable 1,285.5 points behind Harvard, who retained the title with 1,630.5 points.

Women’s lacrosse vs. Virginia: L 10-14

After a victory against Temple to open the spring season, the Tigers were defeated 10–14 in a competitive match against No. 16 Virginia on Saturday. The team was led by junior midfielder Kathryn Hallett, who hammered in three goals, and freshman midfielder Kyla Sears, who contributed two goals and one assist to the final tally. Senior goalkeeper Mary Kate McDonough anchored the defense with 10 saves.

Men’s track and field @ Dartmouth

The men’s track and field team won their fourth consecutive Ivy League indoor title this weekend with 169 points. It’s the largest margin of victory in Ivy Heps history.

Players of the Week

Amir Bell: Men’s basketball (1,000 points)

Senior Amir Bell is the 34th player in program history to reach 1,000 points, which he accomplished on Senior Night last Saturday.

Zach Buerger: Men’s swimming and diving

Senior Zach Buerger wrapped up his Ivy League career with a 1:43.56 finish in the 200 fly on the last day of the 2018 Ivy League Championships, earning him his first individual Ivy League title.

Joey Daniels: Track and Field

Sophomore Joey Daniels won the 60-meter hurdles at 7.81, breaking a personal, Princeton, and Ivy League record in the event.