Field hockey to face huge test against Harvard

This weekend either the Tigers' or the Crimson’s perfect record in Conference play will end. Along with football and soccer, Princeton field hockey will take on Harvard in what is likely to be its biggest game of conference play this season. Both sides have yet to lose a game, with the Tigers conceding only one goal and Harvard only two. The matchup between these teams is incredibly close and could be the game that decides the Ivy League champion. In previous seasons, Princeton’s biggest rival has been Penn, however this season the Quakers were defeated 3-2 in overtime by Harvard, and although the Crimson have not scored as many goals as Princeton, they have managed to grind out wins where necessary.

Both teams boast some of the top players of the conference. The Tigers will be looking to senior Captain Cat Caro to continue her scoring record as the number one goalscorer in the conference as well being in the top spot for points earned. The senior forward earned the Ivy League co-player of the week and Coach USA Princeton Athlete of the Week this week, sharing the Ivy League honor with Harvard’s Marissa Balleza, who is a key player for the Crimson. Freshman Tiger Carlotta Von Gierke also earned Rookie of the week.

Princeton leads the all-time series, 39-5-2, with Harvard unable to beat the Tigers since 1993. Despite these statistics, this game will not be one to take lightly for the Tigers and they will continue to push forward and play hard against Harvard this Saturday at 1 p.m. for Alumni Weekend.