What's hot on campus?

Arts: Princeton Arts Weekend 2014

A cappella, comedy and tango — oh my! Princeton Arts Weekends is here, and the lineup will not disappoint. Student group performances include Princeton South Asian Theatrics on Friday, and the Princeton Tigerlilies and the Nassoons on Saturday, who will be hosting guest a cappella groups from the University of Virginia and the College of William and Mary. Other events to check out include the three-day Tango Festival at the Fields Center and Comedy Night at Richardson Auditorium on Friday. In addition, the University Art Museum will be hosting an Art Safari for the adventurous crowd, and the Friend Center will feature an Art of Motorcycle Design exhibit for the badasses among you. No matter their artistic interests, all Princetonians can find something worth applauding this weekend.

Various locations

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Event: TheatreIntimePresents:The24-HourPlayFestival

Legend has it Jack Kerouac penned his defining work ofthe Beat Generation, “On the Road,”in just three weeks.That seems impressive enough, but how about in just one day?Theatre Intime awaits daring writers, directors and actors to pull an all-nighter and conjure up original plays startingFriday at midnight.Eight hours of playwriting are immediately followed by a one-day rehearsal to bring the play to life. On Saturdaynight, the first and the last performances of the shows will take place.

Theatre Intime

Saturday, 12 a.m.

Discussion: “The Business of Making Art” with Daniel Glass

What is a career trajectory for a pre-med student working as a DJ at a college radio station? Founding what Rolling Stone named in 2011 the “Best Indie Label.” This, however, is just one of Daniel Glass’ many achievements as the music industry executive behind Grammy Award-winning bands such as Mumford & Sons and Phoenix. Glass has rocked the music industry, so pick up on his tunes as he mixes his insights on growing emerging musical trends, the impact of technology on the music industry and the creative processes behind stardom into an enlightening conversation with entertainment attorney Jeff Leven ’00.

Prospect House, Garden Room

Friday, 4:30 p.m.

Talk Show: Season 3 Premiere of All-Nighter with Eliot Linton

With midterms approaching, most students cringe at the thought of the oncoming all-nighters, hoarding snacks from late meal and ordering pounds of gummy worms off Amazon. However, with the Season 3 premiere of Princeton’s only late-night talk show, there is still reason to rejoice. The season premiere, with new host Eliot Linton ’15, features guests including former University president and current professor Shirley Tilghman, Friendsy co-founders Mike Pinsky ’15 and Vaidhy Murti ’15, as well as musical performances by Cameron Johanning ’16 and Uma (Pam Soffer ’15). Head over to Frist Campus Center to pick up free tickets, and grab some more chips and cereal while you’re there because all-nighters (and All-Nighter) are coming.

Frist Film and Performance Theater

Friday, 10:45 p.m.