Women's lightweights compete at EAWRCs, other crews wrap up regular season

Women’s lightweights hope to avenge Crimson loss at Sprints

After their two-week win streak was snapped last Saturday against Harvard, the lightweight women will get a chance at revenge when they face off against the top-ranked Crimson on Sunday at the 2014 EAWRC Championships. Harvard, which defeated four-time reigning national champion Stanford two weeks ago, will enter this weekend as the favorite to win, after posting a 10-second victory over the Tigers' 1V last Saturday on Lake Carnegie. The Tigers will need to muster all of their energy if they want to exchange last year’s silver for gold and to take the Sprints title for the first time since 2011.

Women’s open crew seek to down Clemson after concluding Ivy season

By retaining the Class of 1984 Plaque against Dartmouth and Penn last weekend, the Tigers finished an incredibly strong spring season with a perfect record for the 2V boat and a 6-1 Ivy record for the 1V. The Tigers will conclude the regular season on Saturday against Clemson. Following the regatta, the program will dedicate a boat in honor of head coach Lori Dauphiny, who has led the Tigers to five Ivy League titles and two varsity eight gold medals at the NCAA Championships.

Men’s lightweights look to keep momentum against Columbia and Delaware

The men’s lightweights will travel to New York this weekend to take on Columbia and Cornell before the EARC Championships in Massachusetts on May 18. The lightweights are coming off an outstanding performance last weekend on the Charles River, where they took down No. 2 Yale and No. 4 Harvard to regain the Vogel Cup. The Tigers’ 0.3-second win over Yale in the varsity eight race gave Princeton its first Goldthwait Cup since 2009, and its 26th in the 89 years of the rivalry.

Men’s heavyweight crew faces Brown for the Content Cup

After falling to then-No. 5 Yale and defeating No. 7 Cornell in last weekend’s quest for the Carnegie Cup, men’s heavyweight crew will look to snap a two-week streak of second-place finishes with a win over Brown this weekend for a chance at the Content Cup on Lake Carnegie. Princeton hopes to avenge last season’s 3.3-second defeat to Brown’s 1V boat and the overall loss to Brown for the Content Cup. This will be the last regular season competition for the Tigers, as they do not race again until the EARC Championships.