Gift guide: Sister

A sister can be a best friend or the most annoying person you know. But however you feel about your sister, buying a gift for her shouldn’t be too hard. You should hopefully know her well enough to be able to find a gift that matches the quirks of her personality, and being close in age allows you to judge how useful a gift might be. But if you’re still struggling, here are three ideas:

White Chocolate Snowman, $29.95, Thomas Sweet Chocolate, 29 Palmer Square W

There are few people in the world who dislike snowmen and even fewer who can resist the taste of chocolate. Combine the two into a 1-foot-tall chunk of white chocolate carefully carved into a snowman and you have yourself one awesome holiday gift. Your sister can use the snowman to indulge her sweet tooth or as a cute decoration, so long as she doesn’t name it “Frosty” and wait for summer to roll around.

Vinyl Records, $1.00 - $9.99 each, Princeton Record Exchange, 20 South Tulane St.

Though records are a gift with a limited audience, if your sister is into music, there isn’t a better idea out there. With a record, you can take advantage of your relationship with your sister and give a very personal present by selecting something that fits her tastes and moods. Like a book or a baseball glove that only gains sentimental value as the years go by, a record is a gift that will last a lifetime — a rare gift that has the potential to become a treasured possession.

Souffle Trio, $37.50, Origins, 56 Nassau St.

A more traditional gift, the Souffle Trio from Origins is a three-piece set of body moisturizers consisting of Gloomaway Grapefruit Body Souffle, Ginger Souffle whipped body cream, and Soothing Souffle whipped body cream. Whiffs of the trio’s ginger undertones or the sweet and stimulating, but not overpowering, citrus tang of the Gloomaway Grapefruit will please your sister’s nose greatly. But buyers beware: You may be so captivated by these scents that you decide to keep the Souffle Trio for yourself.