Swimming teams combine for 3-0 record over break

The men's and women's swimming teams completed a successful Winter Break as both squads beat Rutgers last Friday and then the men traveled to Hanover, N.H., on Sunday and cruised past Dartmouth, 149-89.

In the Tigers' 164-136 win over Rutgers, the women were led by junior Kate Conroy and freshman Lauren Rossi, both of whom won two events — Conroy in the 100- and 200-meter backstrokes and Rossi in the 100 and 200 breaststroke. Senior Erin Lutz paced the diving corps, winning both the oneand three-meter competitions.

Sophomore Molly Seto and junior Valerie Kukla each came out on top in one event as Seto won the 200 butterfly and Kukla won the 500 freestyle. The win brings Princeton's record to 4-0 on the year.

The men went 2-0 over break with a strong 187-113 win over the Scarlet Knights and the road win over Dartmouth that raised their record to 6-0 on the season.

In Hanover, sophomore Jamie Leahy and freshman Juan Valdivieso came out on top in two events each as Leahy took the 25 and 50 freestyle and Valdivieso won the 100 butterfly and 100 freestyle.

Senior Lance Needham won the 800 individual medley, junior Nathan Rebuck won the 100 freestyle, freshman Steve Fleming took home the 100 backstroke and junior Eric Carty-Fickes came out on top in the three-meter diving competition.

In its first meet over break against Rutgers, the men were led by junior Kevin Volz, who came in first in the 1000 and 500 freestyle. The Tigers were buoyed by a good team effort as six other Princeton swimmers won an event.