Elvis sings to stunned C Floor scholars

January 22, 1990 — The King is back — and helping Princeton students beat their exam blues.

Bleary-eyed studiers watched in amazement as Elvis materialized behind a stack of mystical magazines in the Firestone library C Floor — and began crooning their favorite hits from a golden career that was cut tragically short by too many fast times. "It was just so incredible," said one PU junior. "At first I thought I was having some sort of bizarre dream, but then I realized other people were seeing the King too. I've been a fan all my life, but I never imagined I'd see Elvis on C Floor."

"He was in tip-top shape," the music major marveled. "Even better than he looked in 'King Creole.' "

After 30 minutes of thrills, including such golden oldies as "Heartbreak Hotel," "Jailhouse Rock" and "Hound Dog," the King told the shocked students not to worry about their exams.

"He said it would be all right even if we dind't make all A's," said on flabbergasted freshman. "I mean, Elvis didn't do that great in school, look at him, he's the biggest star ever."

And then the King was gone — as suddenly as he appeared.

"I've never seen anything like it," said a puzzled proctor who was called to the scene.

Despite the incredible experience, a few students were unappreciative of Presley's unannounced arrival.

"I don't care if he is the King," complained one concerned co-ed. "I've got two exams, plus I've got to get into law school. And besides, he's just too loud."

"My studying was going nowhere fast," a stressed senior admitted. "But I was just starting to make points with this girl when — bam! Elvis is in the library. How am I supposed to compete with that?"