Women's squash tops Harvard

While the women's squash team's weekend performance in Cambridge, Mass., was not quite as dramatic as that of the Tigers' male counterparts, it was nonetheless a win. And heading into the Howe Cup next weekend, Princeton wasn't looking to make history against Harvard Sunday. The Tigers just wanted an Ivy win.

Although the women defeated the Crimson by a score of 5-4 — the very same as the men's match — these Tigers didn't put off victory until the match's final moments.

With dominating performances at the top of the lineup, Princeton swept through the Crimson's top five players to claim the win.

At the No. 1 spot, junior Julia Beaver defeated Harvard's Margaret Elias in three straight games, 9-4, 9-3, 9-6.

Junior Meredeth Quick and senior Blair Irwin cruised through their matches at the No. 2 and No. 3 positions, ceding only four points each to their Crimson foes. The pair of 3-0 victories over Harvard's Carlin Wing and Colby Hall, respectively, demonstrated Princeton's overwhelming talent up top.

At the No. 4 spot, senior Liz Kelly didn't have as easy a ride to victory, losing the first two games to the Crimson's Ella Witcher, 6-9 and 8-10. Kelly rallied, however, and emerged with a hard-fought 3-2 victory.