Students look for the courses that will suit them best

"My schedule is a lot better from last semester. There are less tedious courses, more seminars and upper level courses, more personal contact with professors. Last semester I changed three of my five classes. It's a lot more likely to change classes in the fall because you've been gone for a few months. Now, I'm just changing a course from regular grading to PDF. Basically, I'm a slacker. My other courses take up enough time for me to worry about them more than my electives. [The PDF option] lets you choose something fun without having to worry. It lets us become cultured without wracking our brains." Doug Turnbull '01 — Computer science major

"I'm dropping Music 209. The first class was amazing. It had the potential to be the best class I've taken, but the professor announced that he was going to have surgery and would be out for a month. The replacement professor, somebody from Rutgers, he knows his stuff, but he lectures poorly. For a class with the potential to be so good, it just wasn't worth it. It was an extra class for me anyway. But hopefully next year, [Professor Anthony] Branker will be back. I'm looking to take it then." Jeff Vogel '01 — Operations research and financial engineering major

"I'm dropping a class because I realized I was in way over my head in my religion seminar. There's a lot of philosophy involved, a realm I'm really not that talented in. The professor was really good, but it would have been a miserable semester if I were struggling with the material". Brianne Lucyk '01 — History major