Katja Stroke-Adolphe

R4sqnPAH_400x400.jpg

Campus responds to controversy over Hugin’s eating club remarks

Controversy arose this month over the statements University Trustee Bob Hugin ’76 made against the inclusion of women and gay students in eating clubs in 1976, while he served as president of Tiger Inn. The statements resurfaced in light of Hugin’s current campaign for U.S. Senate as a Republican against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.).

Booker urges young people to oppose Kavanaugh's confirmation. University professors say the Supreme Court is increasingly politicized.

Lawmakers, professors look ahead to a Supreme Court with Kavanaugh

New Jersey Senator Cory Booker announced his opposition to the nomination of Kavanaugh in a July 9 statement. Booker was concerned about Kavanaugh’s views regarding Roe v. Wade, the Affordable Care Act, and the rights of workers to organize for better wages and working conditions. Because of this, Booker urged young people to oppose the nomination of Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. University professors explained how the Supreme Court has been increasingly politicized since the Reagan administration.

AP photojournalist discusses Turkey, photography, and his award-winning assassination photo

Associated Press photojournalist Burhan Ozbilici, winner of the World Press Photo of the Year in 2017 for his photograph of the assassination of Russian Ambassador to Turkey Andrey Karlov by off-duty Turkish police officer Mevlüt Mert Altintas, spoke at the University on Tuesday about journalistic honesty and integrity, and the experience of photographing the assassination.

Lech Walesa photographed following his talk.

Former Polish president Lech Wałęsa shares advice for next generation

Former president of Poland and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Lech Wałęsa spoke at the University on Monday on the subject of solidarity in the 21st century. He discussed his personal experiences as president and as leader of his labor union, Solidarity, and the United States’s place in global leadership.

The Daily Princetonian

French theatre lecturer Guillaume Gallienne discusses teaching philosophy, life, and art

“I’m there to tell them they are not alone. I think that’s my job. The purpose for me of theater is to say that we’re not alone, or that we’re not separated,” explained Guillaume Gallienne, sociétaire of the renowned French theatre company Comédie-Française and winner of multiple César Awards for his autobiographical film “Les Garçons et Guillaume, à table!”.

More articles »

More media »