Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Isabel Griffith-Gorgati

Articles

Princeton conservator Bart Devolder shares a vision for the Art Museum

culture

On May 2, Princeton University Art Museum’s conservator, Bart J.C. Devolder, delivered this year’s Friends Annual Mary Pitcairn Keating Lecture: “A New Day for Art Conservation at the Art Museum.” During his talk, Devolder outlined the past, present, and future of conservation at the museum, shedding light on his own role in this trajectory.

Review: Más Flow sheds awareness through dance

culture

With ¡Qué Horror!, Más Flow danced a line between celebration and contemplation. Both its successes and shortcomings push campus culture to engage with issues such as domestic abuse in ways that go beyond the theoretical to consider personal impact.

Review: BodyHype turns up the heat

culture

This fall show was the type of performance that makes you want to dance in your seat and forget where you are entirely. This dance company was not afraid to take unexpected risks and fully realize them. BodyHype was doing its own thing, but with such an eclectic show also managed to do practically everything in “Fahrenheit.”

Review: Breaking traditions in ‘Legally Blonde’

culture

We should keep in mind that alongside shows with inclusive casting that make us think critically about traditional white narratives, we also need more shows that engage directly with minority narratives. This thoughtful rendition of “Legally Blonde” pushes the Princeton community to continue opening up these spaces in theater with intentionality.

Cultural appropriation and Princetoween

bubble

For many Princeton students, one of the few bright spots of the midterms slog is planning themed Princetoween costumes, events, and decor with friends. While Princeton’s premature Halloween festivities bring together a student body emerging from many days of library hibernation, an offensive theme choice can do just the opposite. Often the University emails a cultural sensitivity reminder at this time of year.

Summer Reading in 2018

Nothing makes a new year first feel real quite like a trip from Labyrinth, feeling the weight of the semester’s responsibilities literally settle on my shoulders.