Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

800px-Fuel_at_MWR_Rock_the_Fleet_1

Here is a handy-dandy playlist of some of the most underrated grunge songs of the 1990s, perfect for exploring your inner wintry angst--because spring can't come soon enough.

Start it off with "Pain Lies On the Riverside" from Live's 1991 debut album, Mental Jewelry, a rousing and energetic song that brings out all the best of Live's sound.

Our Lady Peace

Fuel's "Sunburn" provides enough uplifting meditation and emotional vocals to power you through the day.

Return to Our Lady Peace for their soaring anthem of confusing lyrics, "Superman's Dead." It's too bad this song never got that much airplay - it's pretty awesome, despite that I'm not sure what the lead singer means at the end -- "The world's a subway" may not make much sense, but it sure is catchy.

Unlike most of their work, Alice in Chains was very mellow in their 1994 EP "Jar of Flies," a decision that made for some amazing tracks. "No Excuses" is one of them.

Live-MentalJewelry

More of a post-grunge band, Puddle of Mudd's "Drift and Die" evokes the same sentiments of a lot of the songs on this playlist, with strong acoustic guitars and harmonies.

Our Lady Peace's sound becomes even more distinct in "Stealing Babies (Featuring Elvin Jones)," creating a sound that is reminiscent but edgier than their more mainstream "Superman's Dead."

Candlebox's "Far Behind" almost sounds like a Live song. It's almost as good, too.

Fuel's "Bittersweet" is an energetic grunge song that sounds very country-fried.

In "Car Crash," listen to Our Lady Peace at its most brooding. And arguably, at its most powerful.

1347562128_livethrowingcopper

Live's "Horse" serves perfectly as a coda to this playlist of underrated 90s grunge rock.

If it's still winter or if it's still raining, then just hit replay!

Comments