No. 15 Tigers conclude home schedule Saturday vs. Cornell

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 4.57.37 PM.png

With Princeton still chasing the Lions in the standings, the Tigers will head home for the final time this season and look to continue their long winning streak against Cornell while honoring their seniors.

The Tigers will have their final home soccer game of 2017 this Saturday at 2:30 p. m. against the Cornell Big Red. Before the game, the Tigers will continue their great tradition of senior day celebrations as Princeton will honor the seven players from the Class of 2018. The event is a bittersweet moment for the seniors, who will be able to look back on some of the history they have made during their four years as Tigers and hope to end their careers on a strong note.

So far, these seniors have helped create one of the best stretches in women’s soccer history for the Tigers. With the rest of this season still to play out, the 2018 Tigers have contributed to 43 wins, seven all-Ivy League Titles, a 2015 conference title, a consistent place in the 2017 national rankings (currently at No. 15) and the first-ever NCAA Tournament game on Myslik Field at Roberts Stadium. The Tigers will certainly be looking to add to their accolades as this season comes to an end and would love to end their careers with one final Ivy League title and a deep NCAA Tournament run.

To do either of these things, the Tigers will have to continue their winning ways against the Big Red this weekend. Princeton has won 21 games in a row against Cornell and will try for their 22nd to keep their Ivy hopes alive. Princeton will rely on its seniors — all of whom will receive extensive playing time in the final home game — to keep up the winning streak.

Princeton will also be trying to continue its best record since 2004; they went 13-1 in the 2004 season and currently sit at 12-2. The Tigers also will be looking for their tenth shutout of the season, their most shutouts since 2008.

Be sure to come out and support the Tigers and show some love for the seniors in their final regular season home game this season!